The Video Sampler

3.29.2006

March 29, 2006

March 29, 2006 Wednesday 9:40 PM
Capturing the day requires time each night. It requires a 
substantial amount of time each night and that means getting
back in early enough to settle down and write, post and think
about the day. If that doesn't happen than an entry doesn't
happen. I know this.

I have homework to do. Well, a bit more studying. The problem 
lately is that I keep forgetting what work I have to do. I lost
a lot of my focus recently. I think part of the reason was the
time that was taken up by Kristinas Birthday Dinner and the rest
of D street yesterday. (It was one of the days I didn't get to write 
due to not getting back sooner)
I'm at the end of the month and I have inklings to review and 
summarize the whole month. Now that requires some time. But I'm 
curious. 

Reviewing today? I attempted to visit the science class that Joy
'would' have been at but she wasn't there. Emotion? Sad. Minor
disappointment as it always is. But I felt a bit weird about
going back again so soon. I tired going to a computer lab to 
work on my PHYX 316 programming assignment. Not much luck other
than verifying that the tools run in the labs. 

After needed to borrow Joy's USB Key for this project and the hassles
that come up in telecom lab I decided it was time to invest.
I walked to the bookstore after my somber sitting on the library steps.
Somber? That was because the rest of the movie I was trying to watch 
on campus 'Empire of the Sun' wasn't working. The disk was bad. 
My mood is low energy but my thoughts roamed as usual. I kept getting
minor self imposed jolts or longings to think of and work on something
exciting again. No luck there. Nothing special came to mind during
the whole day. It's like there are moments when I sit in the computer lab
and think, "it would be cool to have a so and so sort of project to work on
right now" but I don't have any current great ideas so it remains just
a sorrowful thought. Ah, the things I could be working on. Tsk. Tsk.

After I find the DVD is busted I sit on those steps. The cold wind ushers
me into a warmer location and that's when I decided to walk to the 
Bookstore to invest in a memory stick for my classes. I stand in front
of the various sizes and look at the prices. Turns out the best deal is to 
buy the largest size. The cost per MB is the lowest.
I leave with my new USB stick after standing in a one person line listening
to a conversation over Photoshop. 

It's basically class time by the time I'm through there so I hustle over
to SH something or other and sit at a desk with sunlight streaming onto it.
After-which I talk with KJ. 
She tells me she is a bit sad that she won't be seeing me anymore due to her
inevitable leaving town to pursue more worldly goals i.e. non school world 
stuff. I know this is what she has always wanted so I smile and feel
glad for her but at the same time a bit down. She wants to hang out more
before she leaves mid summer. 

I walk with her to the front door of her place than start approaching Joy's
apartment. I intend to see why Joy wasn't at Science today. 
Platypus and her boyfriend are downstairs and she walks up to call Joy out
from upstairs. You have to take off your shoes before walking around in this
place so I'm standing on a rug at the foot of the stairs. 
Joy comes out followed by a guy I do not recognize. 
After conveying a bit of information back and forth I leave there with 
a twinge of emotion. 
I try to shake it but that uncomfortable appetite curving feeling remains.
Though after I walk all the way accross town it begins to let up.
More like I place my mind on more Earthly matters and start studying for
my test tommorrow. 

I wanted to make note of the fact I spoke to a lot of random strangers today.
What gives? Well, there was one point some people were playing frisbee and 
I picked it up off the grass and through it back to someone. This was after
it nearly went to me. 
Another individual riding  a bike hops it up 3 steps and does a wheely for a
while then expresses distaste when he comes off it. I ask what he was trying
to do and he replies jump off the steps on the other side. 
Have I become someone whom talks?
What happened? 
There's a more mildly strange occurrence where Nancy (the Biz Teacher) walks
by and someone asks me if she is a professor. I don't look at the person but
go "yeah" with my face staring forward not seeming to care about the world.
Strange. this can't be me do I act like this? Is spending all this extra
time on campus doing something to me? Or is knowing and interaction with 
people lately changing how likely I am to respond to outside events.

As for my entry tonight I think those are the main issues. 

At lunch I sit in the depo with Julie and Laura. April comes by to visit. We all know her but from different places. Laura (if I'm spelling that right) points to the camera for some reason that I can not remember. Later, I study at D street while Julie makes dinner for her boyfriend. I find this picture on the frig. Aw Emes. While the sun sets I walk with KJ. We speak of what changes are to come. She is leaving. The KJ is leaving and I am once again reminded of the brevity of time I share with people up here.

No comments:

SPECIALS

Hate download time? Subscribe to the movies via Miro! And download at night while you sleep! Miro Video Player