The Video Sampler

7.24.2006

The Lucid Dream M: Music Thorn

July 24, 2006 Monday 6:49 PM The Lucid Dream M: Music Thorn



The Music Thorn

Watch The Music Thorn
(It will look like a white box unless you have the codec)
Trouble viewing?
Try getting VLC
or with QuickTime Xvid Codec
It hurts to think that all the music I'm inspired by is not usable in the movies that the music inspires me to do in the first place. It's like a major pain in my side especially when I see everyone else just going right ahead and using whatever music anyway.
I don't believe I've had a Lucid Dream of That caliber ...ever. It was like closing my eyes and opening them to a star skyscape above ground and suddenly knowing it's a dream. And then deciding everything. At first it was trying to be played out as a regular dream but I took full control. Sometimes I have half control but I had full control this time and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I would bolt upwards through the open air of a galleria like complex with glass structure ceiling. And at one point I burst through the ceiling and up into the streets of a place closer to home or like city walk. Or a miss mash of places I had once been. I realized I could jump anywhere I cared to. Another moment I slammed through the ground and wound up in the blue green sea with a vicious great white swimming right near me. I managed to power out of there before I could feel the swift jaws dig into me. And so forth. The final moment was a female character I did not recognize from anywhere insisting that I wake up. And the next thing I knew I was seeing whiteness and being groggy. And then opening my eyes to lay there thinking about what had just happened. In 5 min retrospect it feels eerie that I was in a whole different place with only my rules just a few moments ago. ...whoa. It was just I not ever recall having 'that' much control. I think if I had that much every-night for a spell I could put the visualizing powers to good use. The whole dream was distinctly soundless but I did have touch. 6:55 PM Perhaps dying is like that. Like turning off main outside world and allowing the frontal cortexes to still do their scenario planing so that I may enjoy my last moments of condensed 'reality' ... I know earlier today while I sat out in front of the library and ate my sandwitch I was thinking heavily. About what to do with my life. And I realized I should add a new objective. I wrote it down in a seperate note. ...

2 comments:

Viannah said...

Yo.

This movie thingy is the best/funniest I've seen so far. I like the way you cut the rant up... Just a note though: the bunny music and break music are REALLY loud compared to your speaking the rest of the time. Is there some way to even those out?

(Also, I think you're noble for not using copyrighted work without permission.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the music is a bit loud at those places. I usually even things out but I guess I just wanted to get that movie done and up online. I suppose it was really low and then suddenly 'blam' right? Sorry.

Hey thanks for the noble bit. I think trying really hard to find alternate ways to music stretches the skills and forces one to attempt to improve their own movie music making skills.

My e mail filter keeps deleting messages that anyone is leaving comments on these places. So I just
found out about it now.. so thanks.

SPECIALS

Hate download time? Subscribe to the movies via Miro! And download at night while you sleep! Miro Video Player