The Video Sampler

12.27.2006

Net Weary Mov: Hanging with Shawn

December 27, 2006 Wednesday 3:00 pm Net Weary Mov: Hanging with Shawn


Hanging with Shawn

Watch
(It will look like a white box unless you have the codec)
Though I think the newest version of quicktime actually finally supports it... I'm not entirely sure. So if there is trouble viewing. Try getting VLC
or with QuickTime Xvid Codec
Or if for someone reason you can't do that there may be a flash embedded video further down.
Shawn and I wait for a ride to a costume party.
I awoke and eventually got up to check the net. And it was back. ... well not all of it. I still couldn't check me e mail. Figures. It's on a machine on the HSU campus and I can access virtually everything but that. Would I be able to if I went to a campus computer? 4:55 PM I rode out on my bike to probe about looking for a way to access the machine that holds my e mail. I found out the campus power was out and that would mean no one could really send anything to me anyway. After noticing all of Arcata's power was dead I decided to see if Ricos Tacos was open. Last year, they were open because they had a generator. I was impressied adn delighted. This year I wondered if they were again open. And they were. Only this time it was early and they were not as busy as I recalled. It was practically a riot last year. I gotta hand it to them, "stay in business during a power out and rack it in" Everyone wants to eat hot food but lots of people don't have gas stoves. So what do they do? They go out. 5:25 PM Maybe, it's about time I stop using a local e mail system. 5:27 PM Ah yes, while I was walking about I thought of a couple of gags for movies. One is sort of an I love Lucy but it's an ethernet cord with eye's. Another is how as soon as I start liking a girl she tends to find someone. The way I was thinking about it it would be a funny commerical though if one thought more about it it would be perhaps a bit sad. The underlying subtext. I kept waiting for the power to go out last night. I turned of the computer in anticipation but much of the time the lights only fickered. I think I need to send out some e mails via gmail and not axe.humboldt.edu Explaining what had happened. 8:09 PM Oh mail is back at 8 o 9 pm and I have no new messages. .... hmmp I guess I was expecting more. Oh well. Does this mean the campus is back up? Anyway, the wind had died down so I can go back to what it was I was getting at before the interruption. 10:12 PM Eh, the power out broke my concentration. I need to do something to get it back. Or I'm fading fast. 10:51 PM Cleaning my harddrive means a lot of things. Sometimes that means I go and find Gigs of old footage and decided to edit them rather than delete or save onto another medium. That's why I have a movie from Nov. 4 2006 here.

No comments:

SPECIALS

Hate download time? Subscribe to the movies via Miro! And download at night while you sleep! Miro Video Player