The Video Sampler

1.27.2007

Biblio Mind

January 27, 2007 Saturday 12:31 PM Biblio Mind



Watch or Download
Can't watch? Use VLC
or get Xvid Codec Or Watch the flash version below (sometimes below)
Don't eat too many mints.
What ? I had this idea too. Mr. Deity grr I had an answering machine message idea like that. I guess you really have to get your ideas 'out' before someone else does. And with the extra millions of makers-and-viewers... time is of the essence. ------ E mail to Teacher about WEb problem Hey J, I have attempted to print the class schedule from both the 24th century page and the this century page (http://sorrel.humboldt.edu/~jmf2/floss/Scheds.htm) it shows me javascript code... like this function fnInit() { if (parent.window.g_iIEVer>=4) { if (document.readyState=="complete" && frames['frTabs'].document.readyState=="complete")..... but more so.. Being the nice guy that I am I didn't want to be hey floss here is a problem go fix it. Rather I figured I would make myself a bit more useful and since I'm a Computer Scientist (least not till I have a strange piece of paper I guess) And I now work at the CDC I suppose I would have a look at the code. In which case I found... that the javascript gen. Excel wants files in http://sorrel.humboldt.edu/~jmf2/floss/Scheds_files/ which apparently don't exist because when I travel to them and click I get "Not Found" Errors. Are the permissions correct on those files? -chris --------------------------------------- The above e mail makes me sound sarcatic and mean here' what I really sent ---- Really sent Hey J, I have attempted to print the class schedule from both the 24th century page and the this century page (http://sorrel.humboldt.edu/~jmf2/floss/Scheds.htm) it shows me javascript code... like this function fnInit() { if (parent.window.g_iIEVer>=4) { if (document.readyState=="complete" && frames['frTabs'].document.readyState=="complete")..... I looked at the code and found the javascript gen. Excel wants files in http://sorrel.humboldt.edu/~jmf2/floss/Scheds_files/ which exist but seem not accessible due to the fact I can see them but I can not access them hence a "Not Found error" Are the permissions correct on those files? -chris --------------------------------------- The permissions look correct. Actualy. (I kept looking) And then I figured there was a problem with the Excel javascript code. In which case it's prob fine in IE. Ah it ONLY works in IE. Go figure. 5:22 PM I got a package with mints in it today. I didn't realize it soon enough but I had eaten all of them with in a hour and a half.... my stomach informs me of my mistake. I guess I didn't realize just how much mint and chocolate I was taking on. 8:01 PM [Beginning of L] Biblio Mind Haven't you noticed the endless quotations required to cite 'all' of your knowledge? I witness it in academia. The endless battle cry of the instructor to the student. The one that says cite cite Cite! And yet what is this really? But a palm off to the notion that your ideas are not your own but are 'borrowed' from another. Sure. That's alright but what exactly is an idea that is not 'borrowed'? Where do those ideas appear? Suppose, for a momment, that you suddenly possess the ability to see where 'all' of your knowledge arose from. What would the bibliography of your mind look like? Would it be full of people whom told you things? Parents that showed you things? Or perhaps more so the stuff you picked up by sending signals to random pathways in your nervous system and noting the response? What of it then.. What exactly is the stuff YOU came up with? Could I note that perhaps all the things you came up with were merely second side effects to the input that was presented to you in the world? And so you write your paper thinking your so original and you conveniently forget to cite the sources of your life only to find Agent Plagrisim knocking on your door asking you why you didn't cite you sources. How were you to know your thoughts were not your own? Why didn't you cite that once heard poem that made you place that last sentence in 'your' writing? And not cite credit to that author? You were suppose to add 'your' unique perspective remember? And now your in trouble for your originality is a sham. What of it then? At what point do we acknowledge that the world is the world and that the idea is the idea and no one should own one thought or another? Humans are merely part of the giant mechanism that is this world so... When will the endless incessant quotations end and everything in creation enter the free and universal world that it all stemmed from? When will the locks and chains of the grammarians and the twisted citers be destroyed? Wouldn't it be a freer and richer world for it? [This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Lincense between the beginning and end brackets] Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. [End of L]

No comments:

SPECIALS

Hate download time? Subscribe to the movies via Miro! And download at night while you sleep! Miro Video Player