The Video Sampler

1.04.2007

The Night Quest Mov: Saving Memory

January 4, 2007 Thursday 3:25 AM The Night Quest Mov: Saving Memory


Watch
(It will look like a white box unless you have the codec)
Though I think the newest version of quicktime actually finally supports it... I'm not entirely sure. So if there is trouble viewing. Try getting VLC
or with QuickTime Xvid Codec
Or if for someone reason you can't do that there may be a flash embedded video further down.
A hack to avoid having to copy large DV files on your hard drive when you want to transfer movie clips between iMovie Projects.
The Night Quest Picture this. 3 am The recent rain has dampened the ground and turned the asphalt to glass and mirrors. The air is crisp, not to cold, not to warm. There is no one out except for a occasional truck on the highway or a late night ride home from the bars. During a break there isn't even the random antics of college students to ruin the night. And there is nothing to stop be from biking full speed down the roads. And while I tempt fate with friction my brain takes that snap shot of the night. This was sure to be a memory for the books. The quiet was what struck me the most as I stopped by the side of the road to look out over the empty moonlit highway. I was on a small mission to make sure I had locked a door. I had. When I arrived I knew it was going to be locked... but I just wanted to make sure. Or maybe that wasn't it. Maybe I wanted, needed, an excess to go back out into the night. I had thought of it the night before. I thought wouldn't it be cool to go back to the field later? The moon was hampered by clouds but the sky was still so bright I could ready my watch by it. Not one drop of rain, yet. So I rode out to the field. And walked across the track to think. It was one of those times... I thought. One of those good times when you think that for that moment the whole world is yours. My miniscule power spread out across the pale blue gray lit field. And I enjoyed my time though it turned out to be fairly brief. For it was starting to drizzle and I knew I should be on my way. Dreams can't last forever I suppose. I decided to use a short cut that would involve carrying my bike down some rugged, slippery, muddy terrain. I had scouted out the path a bit before returning to my bike parked across the field from the trail. As I walked back to it briskly, I thought it was a shame that the rain was coming back. I wished for clearly skies in that moment and thought next time... next time I'll be back when there's a full moon and when once again there would be no one to challenge my vaporous authority of the night. It was slow going down that trail. I had flashlight in mouth, bike frame in hand and strained to keep my footing I hiked down the dark path plants hitting me here and there. I didn't want to break anything this night. It would ruin the adventure of it all. I made it down and back to surface streets and as I rode I could feel droplets growing harder. The clouds were growing stronger and by the time I reached my home street I was thinking twice about not putting the poncho on. But it was okay... as I walked my bike back into the garage and clicked the button to close the door. I gave one last look out into the night as if to say farewell. We'll meet again sometime. 8:03 PM How many hours of my life have I invested in all this? I try for so long to learn how to produce these things... and still I have much longer to go.

Guess what I'm doing...

For years I've attempted the impossible. Everytime I try something just won't work. But now that I have powerful software like blender, better lighting higher quality images I think I'll just try to fuss over the details until I have an image that works for once in my life. I know this doesn't look like much but it represents the capacity to make things glow.

No comments:

SPECIALS

Hate download time? Subscribe to the movies via Miro! And download at night while you sleep! Miro Video Player